Annual NWI Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil
Wednesday, November 20th, 7pm
Gather with people around the world for the Annual Transgender Day of Remembrance vigil on Wednesday, November 20th starting at 7:00pm. TDOR began as a way to memorialize the death of Rita Hester who was murdered in Boston on November 28, 1998 and has grown into a world-wide stand against the violence that our Trans brothers and sisters face on a daily basis.
The memorial vigil for our transgender sisters and brothers around the world who were murdered in 2019 will be held at Metropolitan Community Church Illiana at 5579 Clem Road, Portage, IN. Everyone is invited to this time of remembrance and healing. In our call to justice we create a place for healing the scars of violence still in the nations of our world. This event is open to all in our community.
Pictures from our Annual Awards Dinner and Gala
Our Annual Awards Dinner and Gala was held at the Sycamore Hall at Woodland Park. Below are pictures from this annual honoring of those in our community who have worked for diversity, inclusion and human rights. Special thanks to Steve who filled in for our photographer this year. Honored were Dr. Vanessa Allen-McCloud of the NWI Urban League as well as Dr. Catherine Bast and Mixhi Marquis of Mosaic Health, Goshen.
MCC Illiana seeks Music Leader / Choir Director
Our church is in search for a paid choir director / pianist for our Sunday morning worship service. This expansion of our worship team will accompany our worship and will lead our choir. If you or anyone you know might be interested in being considered for this opportunity at a wonderful church, check out the full job description by clicking on this link. http://www.mccilliana.org/edocs/MusicDirector.pdf
Thanksgiving Potluck – Sunday, November 24th, noon
Our annual Thanksgiving Potluck lunch extravaganza will be Sunday, November 24th following our morning worship. You are invited to bring a dish to share for our feast and fellowship around the table of God’s abundance. Join us as we give thanks!
MCC Illiana Annual Congregational Meeting
Sunday, December 8th, 1pm
The 2019 Annual Meeting of the Congregation of Metropolitan Community Church Illiana will be held on Sunday, December 8th following our hospitality time. At the meeting, the members of MCC Illiana will be voting on the 2020 Budget. There will also be elections held for two (2) Board Member positions (2 year terms) and for our Lay Delegate (3 year term) and for our Alternate Lay Delegate (3 year term). Nominations Packets are available at the church. This is an exciting time for our church community and we hope that you can join us for this yearly business gathering.
Get OnRealm with MCC Illiana
We are creating a church online community where you can connect with others in the church, join various groups, view your donations to the church and, coming soon, sign up to volunteer! If you would like to get-connected you can now create a secure sign-in at http://onrealm.org/mccilliana. Also, you can download the Realm app from your app store.
Support MCC Illiana via PayPal
Make your tax-deductible donation to Metropolitan Community Church online through PayPal. This is a quick and easy way to financially support our church with your giving. Consider making setting it up as a recurring donation for your added convenience. PayPal is a secure service and you can use any major credit card. Click here to open the PayPal donate window.
Worship with us this Sunday at 10:30am
Join us every Sunday for a time of inclusive Christian worship at 10:30am. Our worship time is one of the ways that we as Christians explore a deeper relationship with God as a caring community. Celebrate with us through music, prayer and communion. We worship in an open and GLBTQ-affirming manner so we can create a place where all are welcome! For more information visit our website at www.mccilliana.org.
Food Collection for the Aliveness Project
We are taking donations of food and toiletries for families affected by HIV/AIDS. Please bring your donations of can goods, non-perishable food items and toiletries to church and leave them in the white crates by the front door. These donations will be taken to the Aliveness Project and their food pantry for their clients. The Aliveness Project is an AIDS service agency in Merrillville that provides social services to people living with HIV throughout NWI.
Administrative Volunteers Needed at the Church
If you can commit to volunteering in the church office once or twice a month (either on a Saturday or Sunday), we urgently need you! Basic computer skills needs, will train in the tasks needed.
MCC Illiana Prayer List
At Metropolitan Community Church Illiana, prayer is not only an important part of our weekly worship service but also an important part of our daily, spirit-filled lives. We invite you to pray with us each day for the needs of our community and our world.
• For MCC Illiana and the work of our denomination
• For the life of Eric’s mom Gerty, that she finds peace
• For Don who is recovering following bypass surgery
• For Rick who had lung transplant surgery
• For Andy who had a stroke
• For Buddy who’s health is deteriorating following cancer
• For peace in a stressful situation
• For Shirley
• For Toni who lost her mom this past week
• For the health of friends and family
• For Colleen and Chrissie
• For Cheryl and Robin
• For Cara who has cancer
• For those working to keep freedom as their government tries to take those freedoms away
• For Sharon who was in the hospital
• For a friend from high school who has cancer
• For Veronica’s health
• For Margo’s Aunt Clara, Aunt Connie & Uncle Ronnie
• For Nolberto who is looking for work
• For Toni and her mom Gloria as they face some medical issues
• For a friend of a sister who suffered a massive heart attack
• For those affected by the hurricanes are needing assistance
• For Theresa and her mother Teresa, as they await results from the mother’s recent medical test
• For the life of Michelle’s brother Bruce
• For Cynthia’s sister Jane
• For one with some serious issues in their life
• Thanks for God being with them, for guidance, for family and for living
• For a friend who is battling cancer
• For Liz who is on lift-support from being hit by a car
• For financial help and mental health
• For a friend Katie who as diagnosed with cancer
• For Mercedes for healing after her stroke
• For Whitney
• For Melinda
• For Ruth and her sister Lynn
• For Mary who is improving daily from her stroke
• For De as she lives with cancer
• For those in our community who have experienced trans related violence
• For those with HIV/AIDS and for the work for a cure
• For our GLBTQ youth and the struggles they endure.