Christmas Eve Service - Tuesday, December 24th, 7pm
This year experience the Christmas miracle with MCC Illiana starting at 7pm on Tuesday, December 24th. Join with us to await the proclamation of the Good News that Jesus Christ has been born and God's promise of salvation is revealed anew in the birth of a baby. Start your family Christmas celebrations with MCC Illiana.
Christmas Potluck – This Sunday, December 22nd, noon
Our annual Christmas Potluck lunch extravaganza will be Sunday, December 22nd following our morning worship. You are invited to bring a dish to share for our feast and fellowship around the table of God’s abundance. Join us this Sunday as we prepare our hearts for Christmas around our tables of fellowship and food.
MCC Illiana seeks Music Leader / Choir Director
Our church is in search for a paid choir director / pianist for our Sunday morning worship service. This expansion of our worship team will accompany our worship and will lead our choir. If you or anyone you know might be interested in being considered for this opportunity at a wonderful church, check out the full job description by clicking on this link. http://www.mccilliana.org/edocs/MusicDirector.pdf
Support MCC Illiana via PayPal
Make your end of the year tax-deductible donation to Metropolitan Community Church online through PayPal. This is a quick and easy way to financially support our church with your giving. Consider making setting it up as a recurring donation for your added convenience. PayPal is a secure service and you can use any major credit card. Click here to open the PayPal donate window.
Worship with us this Sunday at 10:30am
Join us every Sunday for a time of inclusive Christian worship at 10:30am. Our worship time is one of the ways that we as Christians explore a deeper relationship with God as a caring community. Celebrate with us through music, prayer and communion. We worship in an open and GLBTQ-affirming manner so we can create a place where all are welcome! For more information visit our website at www.mccilliana.org.
Food Collection for the Aliveness Project
We are taking donations of food and toiletries for families affected by HIV/AIDS. Please bring your donations of can goods, non-perishable food items and toiletries to church and leave them in the white crates by the front door. These donations will be taken to the Aliveness Project and their food pantry for their clients. The Aliveness Project is an AIDS service agency in Merrillville that provides social services to people living with HIV throughout NWI.
Administrative Volunteers Needed at the Church
If you can commit to volunteering in the church office once or twice a month (either on a Saturday or Sunday), we urgently need you! Basic computer skills needs, will train in the tasks needed.
MCC Illiana Prayer List
At Metropolitan Community Church Illiana, prayer is not only an important part of our weekly worship service but also an important part of our daily, spirit-filled lives. We invite you to pray with us each day for the needs of our community and our world.
• For MCC Illiana and the work of our denomination
• For peace, strength and faith
• Thanks for all my blessings
• For one who is leaving abuse
• For Juanita who had surgery
• For guidance, wisdom and strength in some important decisions
• For a mother who’s cancer has returned and is now in hospice care
• For Shirley
• For the life of Rev. Freda Smith who passed away
• For those who are fighting cancer
• To be someone that you are thankful for
• For those dealing with cancer and those dealing with disorders
• For a friend who needs another medical insurance provider for her health condition
• For peace in my life
• For the ability to observe
• For Ronnie, Joann, Lori, Patty, Phyllis and all my family
• For Danny H following surgery
• For Don who is recovering following bypass surgery
• For Rick who had lung transplant surgery
• For Andy who had a stroke
• For Buddy who’s health is deteriorating following cancer
• For Colleen and Chrissie
• For Cara who has cancer
• For Veronica’s health
• For Nolberto who is looking for work
• For Toni and her mom Gloria as they face some medical issues
• For Whitney
• For Melinda
• For Ruth and her sister Lynn
• For Mary who is improving daily from her stroke
• For De as she lives with cancer
• For those in our community who have experienced trans related violence
• For those with HIV/AIDS and for the work for a cure
• For our GLBTQ youth and the struggles they endure.