The Church Cleanup Day scheduled for Saturday has been postponed
Please be aware that the church clean up day that was scheduled for this Saturday has been postponed. (Rev. Michael will be in Evanston cheering for his niece in the quarterfinal round of the NCAA Woman's Lacrosse Championship, go Syracuse!). Stay tuned for the new date, which will be coming up soon!
Vegetarian / Vegan Cook-off - Sunday, May 26th
Make your favorite vegetarian or vegan dish for our friendly competition during our May Potluck lunch on Sunday, May 26th. The prizes for the winners are displayed on the back table, with the grand prize a Bobby Flay Dutch Oven, second place a Mini Chopper and third place a roasting rack. Votes will be $1 each or 6 for $5 and the proceeds support our Hospitality Fund.
MCC Illiana Celebrates Pride Saturday, June 22nd
Community Potluck Picnic from 11am to 3pm
Our church will be hosting a community potluck picnic on Saturday, June 22nd from 11am to 3pm on the back lawn of the church. We will be providing the hamburgers and hotdogs, you invited to bring a dish to share. Join us for some fun, food and games. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held inside the church. Invite all your friends to join us for Pride.
Save the Date: Annual MCC Illiana Awards Dinner and Gala
Saturday, October 19th, 5:30pm, Woodland Park, Portage
Mark you calendars for our Annual Awards Dinner and Gala on Saturday, October 19th. Join us as we honor those in our community who have worked for diversity, inclusion and human rights. We will be at a new location: The Sycamore Hall at Woodland Park in Portage. Ticket will be available soon!
MCC Illiana seeks Music Leader / Choir Director
Our church is in search for a paid choir director / pianist for our Sunday morning worship service. This expansion of our worship team will accompany our worship and will lead our choir. If you or anyone you know might be interested in being considered for this opportunity at a wonderful church, check out the full job description by clicking on this link. http://www.mccilliana.org/edocs/MusicDirector.pdf
Get OnRealm with MCC Illiana
We are creating a church online community where you can connect with others in the church, join various groups, view your donations to the church and, coming soon, sign up to volunteer! If you would like to get-connected you can now create a secure sign-in at onrealm.org/mccilliana. Also, you can download the Realm app from your app store.
Come in to Grace New Door Campaign Success!
Our church has raised the fund to replace our back door and it is on order from the manufacturer in Ohio! Thanks to all who helped to make our Come In To Grace New Door Campaign a wonderful success!
Support MCC Illiana via PayPal
Make your tax-deductible donation to Metropolitan Community Church online through PayPal. This is a quick and easy way to financially support our church with your giving. Consider making setting it up as a recurring donation for your added convenience. PayPal is a secure service and you can use any major credit card. Click here to open the PayPal donate window.
Worship with us this Sunday at 10:30am
Join us every Sunday for a time of inclusive Christian worship at 10:30am. Our worship time is one of the ways that we as Christians explore a deeper relationship with God as a caring community. Celebrate with us through music, prayer and communion. We worship in an open and GLBTQ-affirming manner so we can create a place where all are welcome! For more information visit our website at www.mccilliana.org.
Food Collection for the Aliveness Project
We are taking donations of food and toiletries for families affected by HIV/AIDS. Please bring your donations of can goods, non-perishable food items and toiletries to church and leave them in the white crates by the front door. These donations will be taken to the Aliveness Project and their food pantry for their clients. The Aliveness Project is an AIDS service agency in Merrillville that provides social services to people living with HIV throughout NWI.
Administrative Volunteers Needed at the Church
If you can commit to volunteering in the church office once or twice a month (either on a Saturday or Sunday), we urgently need you! Basic computer skills needs, will train in the tasks needed.
MCC Illiana Prayer List
At Metropolitan Community Church Illiana, prayer is not only an important part of our weekly worship service but also an important part of our daily, spirit-filled lives. We invite you to pray with us each day for the needs of our community and our world.
• For MCC Illiana and the work of our denomination
• For Michelle’s aunt Kay who is on hospice for cancer, she is staying with her daughters and they all need your prayers
• For Robbin who was just diagnosed with leukemia
• For one dealing with depression
• For Bryan in prison – wisdom in decisions
• For the healing of Wendy and Patty
• For Susan’s sister Carrie
• For the family of those lost in the explosion at the IL silicone plant
• For Lyn and family following the death of her partner Bonnie
• For those affected by the violent weather
• For Margo who was in the hospital
• For strength to deal with a difficult situation
• For Cheryl and Robyn to find housing since their house is being sold
• For a friend in hospice care and those caring for him day and night
• For all the families affected by terrorism
• For a co-worker and team member who had open heart surgery
• For a job, strength and financial assistance
• For a surgical procedure – success and quick healing and less pain
• For Jeff
• For one who is at home on hospice, surrounded by friends
• For one’s grandma’s cancer and to heal their other grandma’s sickness
• For a cousin to continue his recovery
• For a cousin who was badly burned in a house fire
• For a friend who’s niece and sister are ill
• For Whitney
• For Melinda
• For Ruth and her sister Lynn
• For Susan as she struggles with breathing problems
• For Mary who is improving daily from her stroke
• For De as she lives with cancer
• For those in our community who have experienced trans related violence
• For those with HIV/AIDS and for the work for a cure
• For our GLBTQ youth and the struggles they endure.