MCC Illiana Love Knows No Limits Gala - Tickets Available Now
Annual MCC Illiana Awards Dinner and Gala
Saturday, October 19th, 5:30pm, Woodland Park, Portage
Our Annual Awards Dinner and Gala is rapidly approaching and now is the time to get your tickets for this wonderful evening where we recognize some of the key advocates in our communities. Ticket are $45 and can be conveniently purchased online through our website, www.mccilliana.org or at church this Sunday. Join us as we honor those in our community who have worked for diversity, inclusion and human rights. We will be at a new location: The Sycamore Hall at Woodland Park in Portage.
This years award recipients are: Dr. Vanessa Allen-McCloud,
President and CEO of the Urban League of Northwest Indiana, Inc.
Under her leadership, the Urban League of Northwest Indiana has grown in reputation, scope and service to the community. It has become one of the most highly recognized not-for-profit organizations serving citizens in Lake, Porter, and LaPorte counties. Dr. Allen-McCloud also boasts the establishment of one of the most diverse and successful Boards of Directors in the region where four university chancellors, three bank executives, area school corporation administrators, and numerous top regional corporation executives are all seated on the current Urban League Board.
“Dr. Allen-McCloud’s passion for transforming institutions by mentoring healthy conversations about race has significantly changed our workplaces in the region,” stated Danny, a founding member of the MCC Illiana “and that is an important dialogue we need to continue to have if we want to advocate for more inclusive places where we work.”
Dr. Catherine Bast, MD, Medical Director and Family Physician and Mixhi Marquis, CMT, Executive Director and Healing
Arts Practitioner; Co-founders of Mosaic Health and Healing Arts
Mosaic Health & Healing Arts is Indiana's first family medicine practice that is an openly inclusive and welcoming medical facility to the LGBTQ community – as well as their families and friends. They are committed to being a leader in, and a model for, inclusive and whole person care. They serve those with and without limitations to care, those seeking traditional primary care and those who desire an integrative approach to care. They are dedicated to creating educational opportunities that empower their patients, bring healing and understanding to the community, and professional development to the medical, mental and healing arts students and practitioners.
"By this award MCC Illiana highlights the disparity in healthcare options in Northwest Indiana for the LGBTQ community,” stated Rev. Michael Cooper, Pastor MCC Illiana, “Mosaic Health offers the specialized care that many of the large health-care providers refuse to provide to their patients. For many in our community seeking hormone replacement therapy for their gender-transitioning, the only option is a long drive to Mosaic Health in Goshen to get a shot or a prescription because their local primary care physician denies them that important therapy.”
Please join us in celebrating the accomplishments of these outstanding leaders in our NWI community by getting your tickets today. Available through our website, www.mccilliana.org or at church. Tickets are $45.
MCC Illiana seeks Music Leader / Choir Director
Our church is in search for a paid choir director / pianist for our Sunday morning worship service. This expansion of our worship team will accompany our worship and will lead our choir. If you or anyone you know might be interested in being considered for this opportunity at a wonderful church, check out the full job description by clicking on this link. http://www.mccilliana.org/edocs/MusicDirector.pdf
Get OnRealm with MCC Illiana
We are creating a church online community where you can connect with others in the church, join various groups, view your donations to the church and, coming soon, sign up to volunteer! If you would like to get-connected you can now create a secure sign-in at http://onrealm.org/mccilliana. Also, you can download the Realm app from your app store.
Support MCC Illiana via PayPal
Make your tax-deductible donation to Metropolitan Community Church online through PayPal. This is a quick and easy way to financially support our church with your giving. Consider making setting it up as a recurring donation for your added convenience. PayPal is a secure service and you can use any major credit card. Click here to open the PayPal donate window.
Worship with us this Sunday at 10:30am
Join us every Sunday for a time of inclusive Christian worship at 10:30am. Our worship time is one of the ways that we as Christians explore a deeper relationship with God as a caring community. Celebrate with us through music, prayer and communion. We worship in an open and GLBTQ-affirming manner so we can create a place where all are welcome! For more information visit our website at www.mccilliana.org.
Food Collection for the Aliveness Project
We are taking donations of food and toiletries for families affected by HIV/AIDS. Please bring your donations of can goods, non-perishable food items and toiletries to church and leave them in the white crates by the front door. These donations will be taken to the Aliveness Project and their food pantry for their clients. The Aliveness Project is an AIDS service agency in Merrillville that provides social services to people living with HIV throughout NWI.
Administrative Volunteers Needed at the Church
If you can commit to volunteering in the church office once or twice a month (either on a Saturday or Sunday), we urgently need you! Basic computer skills needs, will train in the tasks needed.
MCC Illiana Prayer List
At Metropolitan Community Church Illiana, prayer is not only an important part of our weekly worship service but also an important part of our daily, spirit-filled lives. We invite you to pray with us each day for the needs of our community and our world.
• For MCC Illiana and the work of our denomination
• For Margo’s Aunt Clara, Aunt Connie & Uncle Ronnie
• For Nolberto who is looking for work
• For Toni and her mom Gloria as they face some medical issues
• For a friend of a sister who suffered a massive heart attack
• For those affected by the hurricanes are needing assistance
• For Theresa and her mother Teresa, as they await results from the mother’s recent medical test
• For the life of Michelle’s brother Bruce
• For Cynthia’s sister Jane
• For one with some serious issues in their life
• Thanks for God being with them, for guidance, for family and for living
• For a friend who is battling cancer
• For Liz who is on lift-support from being hit by a car
• For financial help and mental health
• Celebration for Margo’s cancer-free results
• For the family of a childhood friend who passed away
• For all the refugees
• For Wilfredo as he battles health issues and for Yolanda as she cares for him
• For a neighbor who was taken to the hospital
• For a friend Katie who as diagnosed with cancer
• For Danny’s graduation with his doctorate
• Thanks for God bringing a Rich and Theresa home to family
• For Eric’s mom and family as she is in the hospital
• For Mercedes for healing after her stroke
• For Michelle to have strength
• For Whitney
• For Melinda
• For Ruth and her sister Lynn
• For Mary who is improving daily from her stroke
• For De as she lives with cancer
• For those in our community who have experienced trans related violence
• For those with HIV/AIDS and for the work for a cure
• For our GLBTQ youth and the struggles they endure.