Spring up this Weekend and Don't Be Late for Church
Daylight Savings Time begins this Saturday night so set your clocks ahead before going to sleep so that you wake up in time for church. Join us as we welcome in the season of Lent with spring getting closer and closer. So if your clocks aren't smart enough to move forward on their own, spring it all forward and don't be late for church.
Keep Calm and Read a Psalm Lenten Bible Study, Wednesdays @ 7pm
Take a spiritual journey through the psalms with our small group Bible study on Wednesday evenings during Lent. Join us this Wednesday evening and spend some spiritual time studying scripture with prayer and discussion on the Book of Psalms. The small group begin at 7pm at the church each Wednesday of the Lent season.
MCC Illiana seeks Music Leader / Choir Director
Our church is in search for a paid choir director / pianist for our Sunday morning worship service. This expansion of our worship team will accompany our worship and will lead our choir. If you or anyone you know might be interested in being considered for this opportunity at a wonderful church, check out the full job description by clicking on this link. http://www.mccilliana.org/edocs/MusicDirector.pdf
Get OnRealm with MCC Illiana
We are creating a church online community where you can connect with others in the church, join various groups, view your donations to the church and, coming soon, sign up to volunteer! If you would like to get-connected you can now create a secure sign-in at onrealm.org/mccilliana. Also, you can download the Realm app from your app store.
Come in to Grace New Door Campaign
Over $2,659 Raised so Far!
Our church’s back door needs to be replaced and we are initiating a Come In To Grace New Door Campaign to raise the $2,500 need to cover the cost. This new door will provide a welcoming entrance way for worshipers coming in from the back parking lot. It will also increase our energy efficiency to reduce our heating and cooling costs. Help everyone visiting our church Come In To Grace by making an extra donation today. Donations can be made today through PayPal
Support MCC Illiana via PayPal
Make your tax-deductible donation to Metropolitan Community Church online through PayPal. This is a quick and easy way to financially support our church with your giving. Consider making setting it up as a recurring donation for your added convenience. PayPal is a secure service and you can use any major credit card. Click here to open the PayPal donate window.
Worship with us this Sunday at 10:30am
Join us every Sunday for a time of inclusive Christian worship at 10:30am. Our worship time is one of the ways that we as Christians explore a deeper relationship with God as a caring community. Celebrate with us through music, prayer and communion. We worship in an open and GLBTQ-affirming manner so we can create a place where all are welcome! For more information visit our website at www.mccilliana.org.
Food Collection for the Aliveness Project
We are taking donations of food and toiletries for families affected by HIV/AIDS. Please bring your donations of can goods, non-perishable food items and toiletries to church and leave them in the white crates by the front door. These donations will be taken to the Aliveness Project and their food pantry for their clients. The Aliveness Project is an AIDS service agency in Merrillville that provides social services to people living with HIV throughout NWI.
Administrative Volunteers Needed at the Church
If you can commit to volunteering in the church office once or twice a month (either on a Saturday or Sunday), we urgently need you! Basic computer skills needs, will train in the tasks needed.
MCC Illiana Prayer List
At Metropolitan Community Church Illiana, prayer is not only an important part of our weekly worship service but also an important part of our daily, spirit-filled lives. We invite you to pray with us each day for the needs of our community and our world.
• For MCC Illiana and the work of our denomination
• For an upcoming job interview
• For Anna who lost her husband of 64 years
• For Susan’s sister who was seriously injured in a car accident
• For peace at work
• For Mike whose heart condition has worsened
• For Myrtle who is in the hospital with heart failure, be with her daughter Robbin and family
• For mental health for a nephew Ryan
• For those struggling with crisis in their lives
• For friend Linda who has moved from Florida and is looking for a rental
• For Cynthia who pulled her back
• For a coworker who was hit by a car
• For Michelle who lost her job
• For Laurie and her aunt Abby following the death of her uncle
• For Diane who is undergoing cancer treatments in Chicago
• For Sharon V and her healing
• For Soto
• For Rori who has still more recovery to do after surgery
• For a cousin, Ronnie, who is having a really hard time walking
• For Luis
• For Dennis’ mother’s health, particularly her eyes
• For Richard who is facing a lung replacement
• For Whitney
• For little Liz, hope and health and healing from addiction
• For Bonnie and Lyn
• For Melinda
• For Ruth and her sister Lynn
• For Susan as she struggles with breathing problems
• For Mary who is improving daily from her stroke
• For De as she lives with cancer
• For those in our community who have experienced trans related violence
• For those with HIV/AIDS and for the work for a cure
• For our GLBTQ youth and the struggles they endure.