MCC Illiana begins Holy Week this Sunday, April 14th at 10:30am as we process with palm branches waving into our sanctuary for Palm Sunday. Singing songs of loudest Hosanna's we close out our Lenten journey was we follow Jesus into the temple as the multitudes lined the way. On Wednesday night our Bible Study group will celebrate a Holy Wednesday Seder Meal as we Queer the Seder with an LGBTQ-inclusive Haggadot on Wednesday, April 17th at 7pm. Our Good Friday Service on Friday, April 19th at 7:00pm continues our tradition of reflecting on the scriptures of the crucifixion with the contemplative chants in the style of Taize. The service will include a time for prayers around the cross. On Sunday morning, April 21st at 10:30am we enter into worship hearing the good news of the resurrection of Jesus Christ as we celebrate Easter Sunday. Make your plans to journey with us this Holy Week!
Easter Sunday Potluck Lunch - Sunday, April 21st
Following our celebrations of Easter will be a special Easter Sunday potluck lunch. As we continue to share to good news as a community, join us around the table of fellowship and feast. You are invited to bring a dish to share on April 21st for our hospitality time following our service.
Family Game Night and Dinner
Friday, April 26th, 7pm
Join us for an evening of games and food at our Gayme Night coming up on Friday, April 26th starting at 7pm. This is a family-friendly event with board games, card games and a lot of fun. There will be a simple meal provided, $5 suggested donation for the food.
MCC Illiana seeks Music Leader / Choir Director
Our church is in search for a paid choir director / pianist for our Sunday morning worship service. This expansion of our worship team will accompany our worship and will lead our choir. If you or anyone you know might be interested in being considered for this opportunity at a wonderful church, check out the full job description by clicking on this link. http://www.mccilliana.org/edocs/MusicDirector.pdf
Get OnRealm with MCC Illiana
We are creating a church online community where you can connect with others in the church, join various groups, view your donations to the church and, coming soon, sign up to volunteer! If you would like to get-connected you can now create a secure sign-in at onrealm.org/mccilliana. Also, you can download the Realm app from your app store.
Come in to Grace New Door Campaign
Over $2,688 Raised so Far!
Our church’s back door needs to be replaced and we are initiating a Come In To Grace New Door Campaign to raise the $2,500 need to cover the cost. This new door will provide a welcoming entrance way for worshipers coming in from the back parking lot. It will also increase our energy efficiency to reduce our heating and cooling costs. Help everyone visiting our church Come In To Grace by making an extra donation today. Donations can be made today through PayPal
Support MCC Illiana via PayPal
Make your tax-deductible donation to Metropolitan Community Church online through PayPal. This is a quick and easy way to financially support our church with your giving. Consider making setting it up as a recurring donation for your added convenience. PayPal is a secure service and you can use any major credit card. Click here to open the PayPal donate window.
Worship with us this Sunday at 10:30am
Join us every Sunday for a time of inclusive Christian worship at 10:30am. Our worship time is one of the ways that we as Christians explore a deeper relationship with God as a caring community. Celebrate with us through music, prayer and communion. We worship in an open and GLBTQ-affirming manner so we can create a place where all are welcome! For more information visit our website at www.mccilliana.org.
Food Collection for the Aliveness Project
We are taking donations of food and toiletries for families affected by HIV/AIDS. Please bring your donations of can goods, non-perishable food items and toiletries to church and leave them in the white crates by the front door. These donations will be taken to the Aliveness Project and their food pantry for their clients. The Aliveness Project is an AIDS service agency in Merrillville that provides social services to people living with HIV throughout NWI.
Administrative Volunteers Needed at the Church
If you can commit to volunteering in the church office once or twice a month (either on a Saturday or Sunday), we urgently need you! Basic computer skills needs, will train in the tasks needed.
MCC Illiana Prayer List
At Metropolitan Community Church Illiana, prayer is not only an important part of our weekly worship service but also an important part of our daily, spirit-filled lives. We invite you to pray with us each day for the needs of our community and our world.
• For MCC Illiana and the work of our denomination
• For one’s grandma’s cancer and to heal their other grandma’s sickness
• For a cousin to continue his recovery
• For the ability to survive the current trials
• For own with a recent cancer diagnosis
• For health
• For a cousin who was badly burned in a house fire
• For employment, financial assistance, strength, peace, I have been under a lot of stress and depression
• For a friend who’s niece and sister are ill
• For those grieving the loss of loved ones
• For job issue to be resolved and job be secured afterwards
• For Jeaneen
• For Laurie and Ellen
• For Eric’s mom who had surgery last week
• For an upcoming job interview
• For Anna who lost her husband of 64 years
• For Susan’s sister who was seriously injured in a car accident
• For Mike whose heart condition has worsened
• For Myrtle who is in the hospital with heart failure, be with her daughter Robin and family
• For mental health for a nephew Ryan
• For those struggling with crisis in their lives
• For Diane who is undergoing cancer treatments in Chicago
• For Sharon V and her healing
• For Dennis’ mother’s health, particularly her eyes
• For Richard who is facing a lung replacement
• For Whitney
• For little Liz, hope and health and healing from addiction
• For Bonnie and Lyn
• For Melinda
• For Ruth and her sister Lynn
• For Susan as she struggles with breathing problems
• For Mary who is improving daily from her stroke
• For De as she lives with cancer
• For those in our community who have experienced trans related violence
• For those with HIV/AIDS and for the work for a cure
• For our GLBTQ youth and the struggles they endure.