MCC Illiana continues to remain closed during the COVID-19 pandemic. We pray that you are staying safe during this time. At this time we have no indication as to when we will be allowed to return back to safely gathering in groups. Rev. Michael and our deacons have been reaching out to folks to check in. If you have not received a phone call, we probably do not have a current phone number for you, so please reply with your new number. Please look for updates as we follow this developing crisis in our nation and world.
Weekly Message and Prayers Videos Posted on Facebook and YouTube
While we are not able to gather in person as a community of faith we have been venturing out into the online sphere with weekly video message and prayers posted to our Facebook page and on our website. We are perhaps the most proficient at it but we are using many avenues as we can for our community to stay together until we can gather safely as the family of God. These videos are published on our Facebook page and our website. Be sure to like us on Facebook so that you are notified when a new video message is posted.
While we are not able to gather as a worshiping community in our building at this time, the fixed expenses to maintain and surport our church continue. We ask those who are able to support our virtual work and expensives to make a donation. Checks can be mailed to MCC Illiana, 5579 Clem Road, Portage, IN 46368 or you can make your tax-deductible donation to Metropolitan Community Church online through PayPal. This is a quick and easy way to financially support our church with your giving. Consider making setting it up as a recurring donation for your added convenience. PayPal is a secure service and you can use any major credit card. Click here to open the PayPal donate window.
MCC Illiana Prayer List
• For MCC Illiana and the work of our denomination
• For medical staff BJ and Sher, Patty, Lisa, Shirley's niece and so many others. They put their lives on the line.
• Prayers that people stay home when necessary.
• For those without income now and those who must continue to work.
• For relief from constant pain
• For Norma and Katie and better health
• For wisdom and discipline for my relatively minor medical treatment and life choices
• For Robyn who is improving and is not in a rehab center
• For financial issues and insurance issues
• For my family
• For Ben who is recovering from surgery
• For Rick who is recovering at home
• For a mother to be at peace
• For Donna following the loss of her mom
• Thanks for glaucoma was discovered early and laser surgery started
• For Shirley and the obstacles she is facing
• For a father’s health
• For a brother Len
• For a young lady who doesn’t take her meds properly
• For those dealing with cancer and those dealing with disorders
• For Ronnie, Joann, Lori, Patty, Phyllis and all my family
• For Danny H following surgery
• For Don who is recovering following bypass surgery
• For Andy who had a stroke
• For Buddy who’s in hospice care at home
• For Cara who has cancer
• For Veronica’s health
• For Whitney
• For Melinda
• For Ruth and her sister Lynn
• For Mary who is improving daily from her stroke
• For De as she lives with cancer
• For those in our community who have experienced trans related violence
• For those with HIV/AIDS and for the work for a cure
• For our GLBTQ youth and the struggles they endure.